Cabbage capsicum recipe | quick and easy pakkoda for snacks
Diwali recipes and snacks - aval mixture or poha mixture
- Take thin flattened rice or aval as we say in Tamil in a big cup as shown
- Take a cup each of peanuts, fried gram dhal , desiccated coconut cut in pieces as shown in the image
- Also take cashews, and curry leaves
- For flavour and colour what are needed are mustard , turmeric powder and asafoetida
- In a vessel dry roast the poha till it becomes crisp
- Then add three spoons of oil and fry peanuts by keeping the stove in sim position
- Next fry the cashews and desiccated coconut pieces in oil
- Fry the fried gram dhal by adding it to oil and immediately removing it.
- Fry the green chillies till they turn white in colour
- Now add a little oil, add mustard when it splutters add finely chopped green chillies fry till the chillies y turn white in colour.
- Next add asafoetida and the other ingredients that are already fried .
- Finally add the poha or flattened rice. Add turmeric powder at this stage to avoid its overcooking.
- Add salt to taste and quarter teaspoon of sugar.
- Mix all the ingredients well and the mixture is ready to be served for Diwali
Karaicha maavu dosai or karacha mavu dosa
- Take equal measures of rice flour, maida and wheat flour in a vessel
- Add water and mix well till the viscosity is as shown in the image below
- Add chopped green chillies, coriander leaves, asafoetida, salt and stir well.
- The batter is poured on the pan as shown in the second image
- Add oil around the dosa and allow it cook on one side
- Then turn the dosa again add some oil.
Idli batter recipes - kuzhi paniyaram
- Take required quantity of idli maavu (batter ) in a vessel
- Saute with mustard and urad dhal in a kadai and add to the batter
- Add finely chopped onion and green chillies and stir well
- We can prepare batter exclusively for kuzhi paniyaram also
- Keep the kuzhi paniyaram "stone " on the stove and heat with medium flame.
- Add oil in all the hollow portions and pour the batter
- Again add oil all round all the paniyaram pieces
- When they are cooked , turn them to the other side and add oil all around again
- Finally remove them from the stove , serve them hot with coconut chutney
- A quick and easy evening snacks or tiffin recipe particularly if you have idli batter ready.
Sabudana khichdi or Javvarisi upmaA simple and easy evening tiffin recipe that is popular in Maharastra is sabudana khichdi or sago khichdi.
Soak sabudana or javvarisi in water such that the water level is just above the sago. This will ensure that the sago particles are discrete other wise they will stick together. Let it soak for three to four hours.
- The other ingredients are , chopped green chillies , finely chopped coriander leaves and finely ground peanut or ground nut powder.
- To saute we use only jeera ( cumin seeds )
- Take two table spoons of oil in a vessel and when the oil becomes hot add cumin seeds
- Then add green chillies and saute
- We can also add finely chopped potato and fry in oil.
- Add the sabudana and heat till it is completely cooked ( colour changes )
- Now add the ground powder and mix well
- Finally add the chopped coriander leaves.
- Adding little sugar is optional however add salt to taste
- A quick and easy evening tiffin recipe is ready. Only the time taken for soaking sabudana ( javvarisi ) matters.
Quick and easy sweet appam
- This appam is usually prepared using jaggery and as a neivedyam for Krishna Jayanthi in our family.
- Take one cup sugar , one cup maida , one cup boiled milk and some cardamom seeds
- Mix sugar , maida in milk and wait for the sugar to dissolve - it may take around 10 minutes
- Add cardamom , the viscosity of the batter is as shown in the picture
- Heat the stove and when oil is hot turn to sim position
- Pour the batter in hot oil using a ladle or spoon
- Once the appam becomes brown turn to the other side so that the appam gets cooked evenly
- We should fry the appam one by one otherwise they will stick together in the oil
- This naivedyam can also be a easy evening snack when guests arrive suddenly.
- Children will also love it because of the sweet taste.
- The only precaution we have to take is see that the appam is fried evenly throughout without any uncooked batter.
- Since it is sweet no particular side dish is required
- We prepare it on Krishna Jayanthi ( Janmastami ) as an offering.
An easy and different vendhaya or fenugreek dosai
How to make sandwich without griller
- One of the easiest breakfast or evening tiffin recipes is the popular bread sandwich. We can make it even if we do not have a griller.
- Remove the crust of the bread slices. Heat two slices on a flat tava after applying butter.
- Repeat the same procedure after flipping the slices.
- For filling in this sandwich I have added sweet corn cooked to which pepper powder has been added.
- Any sauce or spread can be applied to the two inner sides of the slices, the filling kept inside and served.
- I have used mult-grain bread