Butter murukku pieces - savory recipe for Diwali or evening snacks
- Take three measures of rice flour , 3/4 to 1 tea spoon butter is added.
- All other ingredients are added one by one.
- Green chillies paste and salt can be varied according our taste.
- Mix will adding water little by little
- At this step we can check whether salt and chillies are as per our requirement
- We should prepare the dough as and when required only. Do not prepare the entire dough at one stretch
- After preparing the dough use the murukku achchu or template with single star shaped opening
- Take oil in a vessel and when it has been heated to the right temperature
- Place the dough the in the achchu and make the murukku .
- It is sufficient if we make only pieces , they are easy to serve and make also !
- Hot butter murukku pieces an ideal evening snacks with tea during monsoon and also for Deepavali recipes of the savory variety is ready.
Ottu pakkoda or ribbon pakkoda- savory recipes for Diwali or evening snacks ideas
- For three measures of rice flour add one measure of gram dhal flour
- Add salt , asafoetida, white sesame seeds, chilly powder to this
- Salt and chilly powder can be varied according to your taste
- Add some butter or hot oil and mix well .
- After mixing thoroughly add water little by little to make a dough
- Prepare only the required amount of dough as and when needed.
- Make the dough little by little to make few ribbon pakkodas at a time
- Using the ribbon pakkoda template in the chakli maker fry in hot oil
- Serve with hot tea in the evening for snacks.
Diwali savouries South Indian savory recipes
Thenkuzhal Diwali savory recipe
- Five measures ( azhakku ) raw rice is taken in a bowl. It is soaked in water for half and hour.
- Then we should drain all water, and dry in shade under a ceiling fan, spreading the rice on clean cloth
- Another option is ready made flour is available in the shops and that may be used.
- After the rice is dry , dry roast in a vessel without oil. Only light roasting is required
- For five measures raw rice , take one measure urad dhal and dry roast in a vessel
- Mix both the ingredients and dry grind at the local "machine" as we call here.
- To the ground flour add salt , cumin seeds and asafoetida as required
- I add a little oil to this mixture, some people add butter instead of oil
- Sprinkle water , little by little and prepare the dough.
- Take oil in a vessel and when the oil becomes hot turn the stove to sim position so that the savory gets cooked evenly
- Using a kuzhal make the thenkuzhal rolls and fry in the oil.
- Once the oil stops sputtering remove the thenkuzhal.
- Break one , if we can see a small hole at the centre then we are sure we got the right "padham"
- Happy Diwali !