The green bangle is with silk thread and for decoration I have used half pearl .
The half pearl are decorated with ball chain as shown in the image. The alternate pearls are decorated with ball chain. This bangle I used a single wide plastic bangle. If you do not get or have a single wide bangle , you can stick two bangles to get a thicker or wider bangle.
The blue bangle at the top has two layers of blue ball chain with a stone chain in between
The black bangle at the bottom uses black silk thread above which another layer of golden thread is wound , initially decorated with a pearl chain
The steps , tricks and tips in silk thread bangle making
- Take ten strands of the silk thread
- Apply glue to the inside of the plastic bangle at any one point
- Stick the ends of the strands , one of the two sides to the glue
- Weave the thread around the bangle tightly in an inclined pattern
- When the end of the strands are reached apply glue again on the inside of the bangle at that point
- Stick the ends to the glue applied
- Again take another ten strands and repeat the procedure.
- This process is repeated till the entire bangle is covered with silk thread
- We can have two colours of silk threads also instead of one covering the bangle
- Next comes the decoration on the outside of the silk threads
- For these there are various options like kundan stones, artificial jewelry like pearls etc
- Use a combination matching the thread colour
- A very good idea for gifts , craft ideas for schools .
- It is not necessary that we should have new bangles we can convert our old bangles also into beautiful designs using this technique
- We can try with glass bangles also , because they are thin and fragile so we should stick four of them together to facilitate working on them.